Measure using appropriate measuring instruments and units of measurement:
- length in parts of an inch, inches, feet, yards, millimeters, centimeters and meters.
- weight/mass in ounces, pounds, grams, kilograms
- Classify angles and triangles as right, acute or obtuse.
- Draw right, acute and obtuse angles and triangles.
- Determine the ordered pair for a point in the first quadrant of a coordinate plane. Locate a point that is described by an ordered pair.
- Construct a tree diagram of all the possible outcomes of an event and determine the probability that a specific outcome will occur.
- Collect numerical data from the real world. Organize the data in a table and present it as bar graphs, line graphs and stem and leaf plots.
- Use calculators and concrete materials to investigate, describe and extend numerical and geometric patterns including triangular numbers, perfect squares, patterns formed by powers of 10 and arithmetic sequences.
Math Lessons by Grade
Spelling Lessons by Grade
Vocabulary Lessons by Grade