- Describe and draw vertical, supplementary and complementary angles. Verify the relationship between the angles by measuring.
- Using graph paper, apply transformations to geometric figures such as:
- rotate or turn
- reflect or flip horizontally and vertically
- translate or slide
- dilate or scale
- Find applications of transformations such as tiling, fabric design or art.
- Describe and construct solid figures including prisms, pyramids, cylinders and cones.
- Verify the Pythagoreum Theorum by measuring. Apply the Pythagoreum Theorum to find the missing length of a side of a right triangle when the other two sides are given.
- Analyze games of chance and board games using probability and make predictions about the possible outcomes.
- Use information derived from line, bar, circle and picture graphs and histograms to make comparisons, predictions and inferences.
- Organize and describe data using a matrix.
- Graph a two variable linear equation on the coordinate plane, using a table of ordered pairs.
- Describe and represent relations using tables and graphs.
- Create and solve problems using proportions, formulas and functions.
Math Lessons by Grade
Spelling Lessons by Grade
Vocabulary Lessons by Grade