Estimate Sum of Decimals
Estimate Decimal Sum with Rounding: Learn
How to Estimate a sum by rounding:
- Round each term that will be added
- Add the rounded numbers
Example: Estimate the sum of 0.988 + 0.53
- Round 0.988 + 0.53 to be 1 + 0.5
- Add the rounded numbers to obtain the estimated sum of 1.5
- The actual sum of 0.988 + 0.53 is 1.518
Some uses of rounding:
- Checking to see if you have enough money to buy what you want
- Getting a rough idea of the correct answer to a problem
Estimating with Rounding: Practice
Estimate the sum by rounding the two numbers.
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value