Adding Nickels and Pennies
Adding Coins: Learn
How to add Dimes, Nickels, and Pennies:
- Count by 5's for each nickel.
- Then, count up by 10's for the number of dimes.
- Add the number of pennies last.
Examples:How many cents are 3 nickels and 2 pennies?
- Count by 5's three times for the three nickels: 5, 10, 15
- Count by 1's for the 2 pennies: 11, 12
- Answer: 12 cents
- Count by 10's three times for the three dimes: 10, 20, 30
- Count by 1's for the 2 pennies: 31, 32
- Answer: 32 cents
- Count by 5's seven times for the seven nickels 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35
- Count by 10's for the four dimes: 45, 55, 65, 75
- Count by 1's for the three pennies: 76, 77, 78
- Answer: 78 cents
Adding Coins: Practice
Find the sum of the coins.
nickels and pennies
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value