Relationship between Fractions and Percents
Fractions to Percents: Learn
Do the following steps to convert a fraction to a percent:
- Divide the numerator of the fraction by the denominator
- Multiply by 100 (Move the decimal point two places to the right)
- Round the answer to the desired precision.
- Label the answer with the % sign
For example: Convert 4/5 to a percent.
- Divide 4 ÷ 5 = 0.80
- Multiply 0.80 * 100 = 80
- 80 does not need rounding
Here are some equivalent expressions that could help you understand this conversion:
- Four out of five
- Four is 80% of five
Fractions to Percents: Practice
What Percent Does the Fraction Represent?
Round your answer to the nearest whole number.
Convert X to a percent:
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value