Find a missing number when counting by 4
Find Missing Numbers: Learn
How to find a missing number in a sequence:
- Determine if the order of numbers is ascending (getting larger in value) or descending (becoming smaller in value).
- Find the difference between numbers that are next to each other.
- Use the difference between numbers to find the missing number.
Example: Find the missing number: 21, 17, ?, 9
- The order of numbers is descending (going down).
- The difference between numbers is 21 - 17 = 4
- Since the order is descending subtract 4 from 17. The missing number may be 13.
- The missing number is 13 since it is 4 more than the last number 9.
Find Missing Number: Practice
Note: Look carefully at the sequence's direction.
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value