Add Mixed Numbers
Add Mixed Numbers: Learn
Mixed numbers consist of an integer followed by a fraction.
How to add mixed numbers that have the same denominator:
- Add the numerators of the two fractions
- Place that sum over the common denominator.
- If this fraction is improper (numerator larger than or equal to the denominator) then convert it to a mixed number
- Add the integer portions of the two mixed numbers
- If adding the fractional parts created a mixed number then add its integer portion to the sum.
|Add the fractional part of the mixed numbers||
|Convert the result to a mixed number||
|Add the integer portions of the mixed numbers||3 + 5 = 8|
|Add the integer from the sum of the fractions||8 + 1 = 9|
|State final answer:||
Add Mixed Numbers: Practice
Add the mixed numbers.
Do not simplify your answer.
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value