Adding Pounds and Ounces
Add Pounds and Ounces: Learn
Since there are 16 ounces in a pound, this is how to add pounds and ounces:
- Add the ounces together.
- Add the pounds together.
- If the number of ounces is 16 or more, regroup the ounces into pounds:
- Divide the ounces by 16.
- Add the quotient to the number of pounds.
- The remainder is the number of extra ounces.
Example: Add 5 pounds 8 ounces plus 3 pounds 10 ounces:
- 8 + 10 = 18 ounces
- 5 + 3 = 8 pounds
Since 18 is 16 or more, regroup the ounces into pounds:
18 ÷ 16 = 1 pound 2 ounces
- Final answer: 9 pounds 2 ounces
Add Pounds and Ounces: Practice
pounds and ounces
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value