Multiply Gallons, Quarts, and Pints
Multiply Gallons, Quarts, and Pints: Learn
Since there are 2 pints in a quart and 8 pints in a gallon, this is how to multiply gallons, quarts, and pints:
- Convert gallons-quarts-and-pints amounts to pints only. To do so, multiply the gallons by 8, multiply the quarts by 2, and then add all three pints values together for one pints-only amount.
Convert the pints back to gallons, quarts, and pints:
- Divide the pints by 8, where the quotient is the gallons and the remainder is the leftover pints.
- Divide the remainder (leftover pints) by 2, where the quotient is the quarts and the remainder is the remaining pints.
- The final answer should involve gallons, quarts, and the remaining pints.
Example: Multiply 4 gallons 3 quarts and 1 pint times 5:
- Convert to pints-only: 4*8 + 3*2 + 1 = 39 pints
- Multiply: 39*5 = 195 pints
- Convert back:
- 195÷8 = 24R3
- 3÷2 = 1R1
- Final answer: 24 gallons, 1 quart, and 1 pint
Multiply Gallons, Quarts, and Pints: Practice
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value