Rounding Numbers to Hundreds
Rounding Numbers: Learn
- Rounding makes numbers that are easier to work with in your head.
- Rounded numbers are only approximate.
- An exact answer generally can not be obtained using rounded numbers.
- Use rounding to get a answer that is close but that does not have to be exact.
How to round numbers
- Make the numbers that end in 1 through 49 into the next lower number that ends in 00. For example 424 rounded to the nearest hundred would be 400.
- Numbers that have the last two digits of 50 or more should be rounded up to the next even hundred. The number 988 rounded to the nearest hundred would be 1000.
Rounding Numbers: Practice
Round the number to the nearest hundred.
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value