Rounding Numbers: Learn
- Rounding makes numbers that are easier to work with in your head.
- Rounded numbers are only approximate.
- An exact answer generally can not be obtained using rounded numbers.
- Use rounding to get a answer that is close but that does not have to be exact.
How to round numbers
- Make the numbers that end in 1 through 4 into the next lower number that ends in 0. For example 74 rounded to the nearest ten would be 70.
- Numbers that end in a digit of 5 or more should be rounded up to the next even ten. The number 88 rounded to the nearest ten would be 90.
Rounding Numbers: Practice
Round the number to the nearest ten.
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value