Rounding Numbers to Thousands
Rounding Numbers: Learn
- Rounding makes numbers that are easier to work with in your head.
- Rounded numbers are only approximate.
- An exact answer can not be obtained with these numbers.
- Sometimes an exact answer is not required.
How to round numbers
- To round numbers to the nearest thousand, make the numbers whose last three digits are 001 through 499 into the next lower number that ends in 000. For example, 6424 rounded to the nearest thousand is 6000.
- Numbers that have the last three digits of 500 or more should be rounded up to the next even thousand. The number 8788 rounded to the nearest thousand is 9000.
Rounding Numbers: Practice
Round the number to the nearest thousand.
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value