Subtract With Mental Math
Subtract with Mental Math: Learn
How to mentally subtract two two-digit numbers:
Example: Subtract 35 from 84
- First subtract the two tens' place digits (8 - 3 = 5)
- Notice that the bottom ones' digit is larger than the top ones' digit. Decrease the answer for the tens' place by one (5 - 1 = 4) and increase the top ones' place value by 10 (4 + 10 = 14).
- Next subtract the two ones' place values (14 - 5 = 9)
- Combine the tens' and ones' place differences to make 49.
Example: Subtract 62 from 94
- First subtract the two tens' place digits (9 - 6 = 3)
- Next subtract the two ones' place digits (4 - 2 = 2)
- Combine the tens' and ones' place differences to give the answer of 32
Subtract with Mental Math: Practice
What is the difference between the numbers?
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value