Add Hours to a Time
Add Hours to Clock Time: Learn
How to add hours and half-hours to a time:
Add the minutes together. If the result is 60 or more,
- subtract 60 from the minutes
- add 1 to one of the hours
Add the hours together. If the result is more than 12,
- Subtract 12 from the number of hours
- Switch AM to PM (or the reverse)
- Repeat until the hours are 12 or less
- If the final hours are exactly 12, switch AM to PM or PM to AM.
Example: What time is 17 hours and 30 minutes after 3:30 AM?
Add the minutes: 30 + 30 = 60. Since this number is 60 or more,
- Subtract 60 from the minutes (60-60 = 0 minutes).
- Add 1 to the hours (17+1 = 18 hours)
Add the hours: 18 + 3 = 21 hours. Since this number is more than 12,
- Subtract 12 from the hours (21-12 = 9 hours)
- Change AM (the original time) to PM.
- Final answer: 9:00 PM
Add Hours: Practice
What is the sum of the times?
hours past :00
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value