Add Minutes and Seconds
Add Minutes and Seconds: Learn
How to add minutes and seconds:
- Add the minutes together.
- Add the seconds together.
- If the number of seconds is 60 or more, regroup the seconds into minutes:
- Subtract 60 from the seconds.
- Add 1 to the minutes.
- Repeat until the seconds are less than 60.
Example: Add 4 minutes 21 seconds plus 2 minutes 47 seconds:
- 4 + 2 = 6 minutes
- 21 + 47 = 68 seconds
- Since 68 is 60 or more, regroup the seconds into minutes:
- 68 - 60 = 8 seconds
- 6 + 1 = 7 minutes
- Since the seconds are now less than 60, we are done.
- Final answer: 7 minutes 8 seconds
Add Minutes and Seconds: Practice
minutes and seconds
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value