Names of Ten Thousandths
Thousandths as Decimals: Learn
A decimal is a fractional number and is indicated by digits after a period which is called a decimal point.
Tenths have one digit after the decimal point. For example, the decimal 0.8 is
- pronounced "eight tenths" or "zero point eight"
- equal to the fraction 8/10
Hundredths have two digits after the decimal point. For example, the decimal 0.36 is
- pronounced "thirty-six hundredths" or "zero point thirty-six"
- is equal to the fraction 36/100
Thousandths follow a similar pattern. They have three digits after the decimal point. For example the decimal 0.749 is
- pronounced "seven hundred forty-nine thousandths" or "zero point seven forty-nine"
- is equal to the fraction 749/1000
There may be zeros after the decimal point. The decimal 0.064 is pronounced "sixty-four thousandths" or "zero point zero sixty-four".
Ten-thousandths have four digits after the decimal point.
Decimals - Ten Thousandths: Practice
Write the Decimal Number
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value