Rounding Numbers to Hundred Thousands
Rounding Numbers: Learn
- Rounding makes numbers that are easier to work with in your head.
- Rounded numbers are only approximate.
- An exact answer can not be obtained with these numbers.
- Sometimes an exact answer is not required.
How to round numbers
- To round numbers to the nearest hundred thousand, make the numbers whose last five digits are 00001 through 49999 into the next lower number that ends in 00000. For example 6,424,985 rounded to the nearest hundred thousand would be 6,400,000.
- Numbers that have the last five digits of 50000 or more should be rounded up to the next even hundred thousand. The number 8,988,987 rounded to the nearest hundred thousand would be 9,000,000.
Rounding Numbers: Practice
Round to the nearest hundred-thousand.
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value