Subtract Minutes and Hours
Subtract Hours and Minutes: Learn
How to subtract hours and minutes:
If the number of minutes being subtracted is larger than the original minutes,
you must borrow some minutes from the hours:
- Subtract 1 from the original number of hours.
- Increase the number of original minutes by 60.
- Subtract the minutes.
- Subtract the hours.
Example: What is 4 hours 1 minute minus 2 hours 6 minutes?
Since 6 minutes is more than 1 minutes, we must borrow some minutes:
- Subtract 1 from the original hours: 4 hours - 1 hour = 3 hours
- Add 24 to the original minutes: 1 minutes + 60 minutes = 61 minutes
- Subtract the minutes: 61 minutes - 6 minutes = 55 minutes
- Subtact the hours: 3 hours - 2 hours = 1 hour
- Final answer: 1 hour 55 minutes
Subtract Hours and Minutes: Practice
hours and minutes
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value