Subtract Minutes and Seconds
Subtract Minutes and Seconds: Learn
How to subtract minutes and seconds:
If the number of seconds being subtracted is larger than the original seconds,
you must borrow some seconds from the minutes:
- Subtract 1 from the original number of minutes.
- Increase the number of original seconds by 60.
- Subtract the seconds.
- Subtract the minutes.
Example: What is 4 minutes 1 second minus 2 minutes 6 seconds?
Since 6 seconds is more than 1 second, we must borrow some seconds:
- Subtract 1 from the original minutes: 4 minutes - 1 minute = 3 minutes
- Add 60 to the original seconds: 1 second + 60 seconds = 61 seconds
- Subtract the seconds: 61 seconds - 6 seconds = 55 seconds
- Subtact the minutes: 3 minutes - 2 minutes = 1 minute
- Final answer: 1 minute 55 seconds
Subtract Minutes and Seconds: Practice
minutes and seconds
Press the Start Button To Begin
This is 0 percent correct.
|Game Name||Description||Best Score|
|How many correct answers can you get in 60 seconds?||0|
Extra time is awarded for each correct answer.
Play longer by getting more correct.
|How fast can you get 20 more correct answers than wrong answers?||999|
Math Lessons by Grade
- Estimation and Mental Math
- Naming Numbers
- Percents and Ratios
- Place Value